Thursday, January 10, 2008

The! Biggest! News! of! the! Day! - Not Alcoa, American Eagle Outfitters, E-Trade Financial Corp or Arson Boom

Here are some of the contenders for today's biggest...news...of...the...day...

  • Better-than-expected earnings from Alcoa (AA)...
  • The need for Citigroup (C) and Merrill Lynch (MER) to raise cash...
  • Sales data from retailers including Wal-Mart Stores (WMT), AnnTaylor Stores (ANN), American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) and others...
  • A lowered outlook from Capital One Financial (COF)...
  • A look into why yesterday's turn around plan from E-Trade Financial Corp (ETFC) failed to inspire investors...
  • An article that asks - "Will foreclosures spark an arson boom?"...

While those are all stories worth watching, I think it is obviously clear that the biggest story is this - Glowing pig passes genes to piglets...according to the article, "A cloned pig whose genes were altered to make it glow fluorescent green has passed on the trait to its young"...

Why are we making animals that glow the dark?!?!? Just last month we saw an article about scientists that made cats glow in the dark, and now pigs. As I said last time...

    "Every couple of days I post a story that shows the signs of a looming animal uprising...and every so often I come across something that makes me understand why it is coming. Think about it...you have some [animal] trying to go to sleep and every time [it] shuts its eyes it sees light because its eyelids glow! It would be like staring at little neon lights all night long. That would be enough to push me over the edge.

    Now don't get me wrong, I am not about to join the ranks of animal collaborators who are building rodent armor, but I do admit that I at least can understand their grievances...
    "

No comments: